This blog entry is dedicated to our awesome friends out in L.A. — Martha and Keegan. They sent us a fun new recipe book a few weeks ago and it’s inspired me to get back into the kitchen! This zucchini bread recipe is pretty easy to whip up you just need the correct ingredients (like almond flour not meal) and make sure your zucchini doesn’t have a lot of water in it. To get the water out the zucchini, I took a kitchen towel and press on the shredded zucchini to extract water. I’m not sure if this is correct, but it worked for me. What I LOVE the most about this recipe (besides how yummy is it) is that you use to small loaf pans — so it’s nice to freeze a mini loaf for future snacks. Enjoy!
Ingredients (Click here to the recipe http://www.
- 1½ cups almond flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup grated zucchini, water squeezed out
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease two mini bread loaf pans.
- Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Combine wet ingredients besides zucchini in a stand mixer and beat on medium for about 2 minutes. Alternatively, combine in a large bowl and whisk together vigorously.
- Add zucchini and mix until combined.
- Pour dry ingredients into wet and mix until incorporated.
- Pour batter into loaf pans.
- Bake for 32-35 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Transfer bread out of loaf pan and cool on wire rack.